I’d recommend asking some questions or learning about your doctor before you start treatment. Here are some simple questions and the answers you should expect to hear from a specialist orthodontist.
- Are you a qualified Orthodontist?
Orthodontist answer: YES
- How many patients do you treat with braces or invislign each week?
Orthodontist answer: I treat hundreds of patients each week with braces and Invisalign
- Where did you learn to do orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontist answer: At university after I studied and completed my dentistry degree.
- How long was your orthodontic course?
Orthodontist answer: 3-5 years
- Do you have specially trained staff to assist with my treatment?
Orthodontist answer: Yes, this is an important part of my service to patients.
- Do you perform a thorough diagnosis, and will I be given a treatment plan in advance?
Orthodontist answer: YES, this ensure treatment goes to plan.
- Do you have access to the latest technology, products and treatment methods?
Orthodontist answer: Yes I invest both time and money in training myself and my staff each year on better more efficient treatment methods for my patients.
- Do you work with other specialists if I needed treatment you are not an expert in?
Orthodontist answer: Absolutely, I have a team of specialists that I work with regularly to treat many patients.
- Do braces or Invisalign cost more with you?
Orthodontist answer: NO, because my clinic specialises in orthodontics, our staff and offices are fully equipped to deliver treatment efficiently and we pass these savings on to our patients.
- If I don’t need orthodontic treatment will you tell me?
Orthodontist answer: YES, Absolutely. We understand that even the best treatment is still costly and takes time. If we can save you from going through treatment we will certainly give you that advice.