Easter is nearly here!
Easter is very nearly here (so quick!) and you’re probably looking forward to all sorts of easter treats. And while Easter can be a time for indulgence, it’s sometimes all too easy for our oral hygiene to take a back seat to, travelling, camping, hot cross buns and chocolate eggs!
So with Easter only a month away here are some easy tips.
1. With it being over a long weekend, your brushing technique may start to suffer over the period. But while that pillow is oh so tempting, make sure you’re brushing for at least two minutes, twice a day – even when camping or staying at home!
2. And don’t forget to floss! It’s just as important as brushing and will ensure there are no morsels of food left between your teeth, ready to cause Easter decay!
3. Easter maybe also a good chance to treat yourself to a new toothbrush if yours is more than a few months old. While not exciting as a chocolate egg at least you can sleep well knowing that you’re not transferring bacteria between your toothbrush and mouth.
4. Sugary treats are even harder to resist at Easter, but try to limit the number of times you enjoy sweet foods throughout the day (ideally to mealtimes). Your teeth will definitely thank you for it.
5. And why not avoid the sweet stuff by enjoying less damaging snacks such as cheese and nuts.
Most importantly though, enjoy the Easter break!