Invisalign Teen, keeping teen’s in treatment
Invisalign changed modern orthodontics by offering an “invisible” orthodontic treatment while still giving great results. With Invisalign Teen, that same technology has been modified and allows teenagers all the benefits while helping them keep on track with treatment.
Invisalign Teen treatment consists of a series of smooth, comfortable aligner trays designer to gradually improve the look of your smile. You wear a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks until your treatment is complete.
With Invisalign Teen treatment, there are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten, making it a modern approach to straightening teeth.
Invisalign Teen uses custom-made aligners created for you and only you. Your orthodontist designs your smile, using a digital model of your teeth then aligners are made.
The aligner trays are made from virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. By wearing your aligners constantly, your teeth will gradually and gently move into their new straightened position.
Why Invisalign Teen?
Specifically designed to help teenagers in treatment, allowing the functional benefit of full Invisalign while also giving teenagers a little helping hand .
How does it work?
Working the same way as Invisalign, the wear indicators are one added feature to help with treatment. The indicators change from blue to clear each time they’re worn for long enough.
What if they lose them?
Invisalign Teen comes with six free replacement aligners, in case of breakages and/or lost aligners. This helps keep teens on track with treatment with out lengthy delays or additional costs.
Teeth not fully erupted?
Invisalign Teen can be fitted with specifically designed “eruption tabs”. This allows Invisalign Teen to be suitable for all teenagers.
Invisalign Teen Advantages
- NEARLY INVISIBLE: Invisalign Teen aligners are a great option for teenagers who would like to keep their treatment under wraps. The only thing people will notice, is your teeth straightening over time. You can remove your aligners when you eat and drink so no awkward moments
- CONVENIENT: Without braces and wires your adjustments at the doctor’s office will usually be shorter, meaning less time out of school life schedule
- COMFORTABLE: Invisalign Teen aligners are made from medical grade thermo plastic that can make them more comfortable to wear than regular metal braces and wires. You will experience less gum and cheek irritation than traditional braces, important for young mouths
- EASY TO CARE FOR: Invisalign Teen makes it easy to care for your teeth and maintain good oral hygiene. You can remove your aligners to brush and floss as normal to prevent any build-up of plaque and tooth decay
- WEAR INDICATORS: Invisalign Teen has blue wear indicators that go clear once they have been worn, so you can keep on track with treatment
- SIX FREE ALIGNERS: Invisalign Teen makes comes with six free aligners, if they get misplaced or eaten by the dog, like homework! Just let you orthodontist know straight away when this happens
Invisalign Teen Disadvantages
- NOT ALWAYS THE BEST TREATMENT FOR EVERY PATIENT: Teeth move by pressure being gently applied to them. For some teenagers Invisalign Teen won’t be the best option for treatment because of the types of tooth movements needed. Seeking out expert orthodontic advice will help you make an informed decision
- COMPLIANCE: To see great results aligners must be worn 20-22 hours per day. You need to be committed to your treatment to ensure the best results, the wear indicators will definitely be a help with compliance!
How to get the most from Invisalign Teen
For Invisalign Teen to be effective you’re required to wear your trays all the time, taking them out only to eat and drink. Not a bad deal really! You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your busy teenage years and the best part is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth. For parents you benefit from, less appointments with the orthodontists, wear indicators so you can help keep them on track and a happier teen that can get through treatment with no one noticing.
Not all Invisalign Teen providers are created equal. The more experience your doctor has with any treatment the more effectively they can treat a wider range of problems. This is true with Invisalign Teen and a big reason why you should always choose an orthodontist to provide your Invisalign care. The Orthodontic Adviser has rounded up several expert, high volume Invisalign Teen providers to offer care to our patients and advice to our other doctors.
A great choice
Invisalign Teen has become a popular choice with self conscious teenagers. With clear aligner treatment now seen as a true orthodontic treatment option instead of braces, its easy to see why teenagers and parents choose Invisalign Teen. Seeing a trusted and experienced orthodontist is your only option when getting Invisalign Teen.
Want to take the next step?